Two weeks ago, Newark twosome M.A.S.H made their Booth debut with We Run This, a record that, though it won praise for its energy, garnered largely negative reviews due to its prominent use of Autotune. Hoping to correct their less-than-ideal first impression, Mayday and Chris Reg are back with a new, unreleased cut. This time around, the twosome throw their hats into the rap-ballad ring, spitting civic-minded game to a female who holds the Key to the City. Over a synth-heavy, slow jam instrumental by none other than Booth favorite XV (here representing his own Kingzmen Productions) both emcees spit their share of quotable come-ons; if your sense of humor is as juvenile as mine, you’re sure to get a laugh out of the line, “That’s why she’s on the tip of my penis like ‘P.E.’, ” which, of course, segues into a little gym class-related innuendo. R&B guest feature Ade‘s hook and bridge vocals do feature a dash of Autotune, but the studio effect is used much more subtly than on M.A.S.H.‘s Booth debut. If Key‘s turned you into a fan, keep it locked to the Booth for more details on their forthcoming Mic Addict Stash House LP, which has yet to receive a solid release date.
Listen to More: M.A.S.H
Written by richard on 04/29/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Run This" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.