Two weeks ago, Newark twosome M.A.S.H made their Booth debut with We Run This, a record that, though it won praise for its energy, garnered largely negative reviews due to its prominent use of Autotune. Hoping to correct their less-than-ideal first impression, Mayday and Chris Reg are back with a new, unreleased cut. This time around, the twosome throw their hats into the rap-ballad ring, spitting civic-minded game to a female who holds the Key to the City. Over a synth-heavy, slow jam instrumental by none other than Booth favorite XV (here representing his own Kingzmen Productions) both emcees spit their share of quotable come-ons; if your sense of humor is as juvenile as mine, you’re sure to get a laugh out of the line, “That’s why she’s on the tip of my penis like ‘P.E.’, ” which, of course, segues into a little gym class-related innuendo. R&B guest feature Ade‘s hook and bridge vocals do feature a dash of Autotune, but the studio effect is used much more subtly than on M.A.S.H.‘s Booth debut. If Key‘s turned you into a fan, keep it locked to the Booth for more details on their forthcoming Mic Addict Stash House LP, which has yet to receive a solid release date.
Written by richard on 04/29/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Run This" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)