Two weeks ago, Newark twosome M.A.S.H made their Booth debut with We Run This, a record that, though it won praise for its energy, garnered largely negative reviews due to its prominent use of Autotune. Hoping to correct their less-than-ideal first impression, Mayday and Chris Reg are back with a new, unreleased cut. This time around, the twosome throw their hats into the rap-ballad ring, spitting civic-minded game to a female who holds the Key to the City. Over a synth-heavy, slow jam instrumental by none other than Booth favorite XV (here representing his own Kingzmen Productions) both emcees spit their share of quotable come-ons; if your sense of humor is as juvenile as mine, you’re sure to get a laugh out of the line, “That’s why she’s on the tip of my penis like ‘P.E.’, ” which, of course, segues into a little gym class-related innuendo. R&B guest feature Ade‘s hook and bridge vocals do feature a dash of Autotune, but the studio effect is used much more subtly than on M.A.S.H.‘s Booth debut. If Key‘s turned you into a fan, keep it locked to the Booth for more details on their forthcoming Mic Addict Stash House LP, which has yet to receive a solid release date.
Listen to More: M.A.S.H
Written by richard on 04/29/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Run This" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)