Broadcasting straight from the land down under, ARIA award winner and all around dope producer M-Phazes teams up with NYC’s Brown Bag All Stars to give us the visuals for What It’s All About. Featured on his recently released compilation, Phazed Out, the record proves that simplicity is sometimes more impactful when it comes to making dope music. With nothing more than a heavy electric guitar riff, (that puts you in the mind of an old Diddy fave from 2001), a driving hi-hat, and a staggered bass kick, M and the BBAS exhibit the perfect balance for a new school boom bap record that’s not to be messed around with. Phazed Out is offered digitally and on CD through Coalmine Records and is hosted by DJBooth. If the single is any indication of what the album is like, it’s almost a guarantee that you won’t be disappointed. Pick it up today right here at The DJBooth and as always comments are welcome.
Written by WriterJones on 03/30/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Witty Unpredictable (M-Phazes Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.