Broadcasting straight from the land down under, ARIA award winner and all around dope producer M-Phazes teams up with NYC’s Brown Bag All Stars to give us the visuals for What It’s All About. Featured on his recently released compilation, Phazed Out, the record proves that simplicity is sometimes more impactful when it comes to making dope music. With nothing more than a heavy electric guitar riff, (that puts you in the mind of an old Diddy fave from 2001), a driving hi-hat, and a staggered bass kick, M and the BBAS exhibit the perfect balance for a new school boom bap record that’s not to be messed around with. Phazed Out is offered digitally and on CD through Coalmine Records and is hosted by DJBooth. If the single is any indication of what the album is like, it’s almost a guarantee that you won’t be disappointed. Pick it up today right here at The DJBooth and as always comments are welcome.
Written by WriterJones on 03/30/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Witty Unpredictable (M-Phazes Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.