Broadcasting straight from the land down under, ARIA award winner and all around dope producer M-Phazes teams up with NYC’s Brown Bag All Stars to give us the visuals for What It’s All About. Featured on his recently released compilation, Phazed Out, the record proves that simplicity is sometimes more impactful when it comes to making dope music. With nothing more than a heavy electric guitar riff, (that puts you in the mind of an old Diddy fave from 2001), a driving hi-hat, and a staggered bass kick, M and the BBAS exhibit the perfect balance for a new school boom bap record that’s not to be messed around with. Phazed Out is offered digitally and on CD through Coalmine Records and is hosted by DJBooth. If the single is any indication of what the album is like, it’s almost a guarantee that you won’t be disappointed. Pick it up today right here at The DJBooth and as always comments are welcome.
Written by WriterJones on 03/30/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Witty Unpredictable (M-Phazes Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.