Another day, Another Classic joint from M-Phazes. Last heard contributing his hard-edged production stylings to a reader-acclaimed remix of The Raw, the Australian beatsmith switches it up to deliver something a little lighter—but equally timeless—on the latest release off his forthcoming full-length. Making its world premiere right here in The DJBooth, this cut finds Phazes layering bombastic brass over a head-noddable break as a couple of his most talented colleagues remind us what “...the opposite of wack sh*t” sounds like. After Booth newcomer Burke‘s two-fisted opener, BK stalwart Torae brings the cut home with 16 bars’ worth of intricately-rhymed, allusive trash talk (“Let me break it down for you, case you don’t know my style / Bring the beef to your table like Fogo De Chao.”). Last but most definitely not least, Side Effect and DJ Waxwork double up behind the wheels of steel, contributing authentic cuts to the record’s hook. Digging it? More future classics await on the producer’s Phazed Out LP, coming Feb. 14. Additionally, fans will be able to catch Torae at The DJBooth’s 3/17 SXSW showcase - keep it locked for further details!
Written by richard on 02/6/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Witty Unpredictable (M-Phazes Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.