Another day, Another Classic joint from M-Phazes. Last heard contributing his hard-edged production stylings to a reader-acclaimed remix of The Raw, the Australian beatsmith switches it up to deliver something a little lighter—but equally timeless—on the latest release off his forthcoming full-length. Making its world premiere right here in The DJBooth, this cut finds Phazes layering bombastic brass over a head-noddable break as a couple of his most talented colleagues remind us what “...the opposite of wack sh*t” sounds like. After Booth newcomer Burke‘s two-fisted opener, BK stalwart Torae brings the cut home with 16 bars’ worth of intricately-rhymed, allusive trash talk (“Let me break it down for you, case you don’t know my style / Bring the beef to your table like Fogo De Chao.”). Last but most definitely not least, Side Effect and DJ Waxwork double up behind the wheels of steel, contributing authentic cuts to the record’s hook. Digging it? More future classics await on the producer’s Phazed Out LP, coming Feb. 14. Additionally, fans will be able to catch Torae at The DJBooth’s 3/17 SXSW showcase - keep it locked for further details!
Written by richard on 02/6/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Witty Unpredictable (M-Phazes Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.