Sometimes, if you want the job done right, you just have to do it yourself. That is certainly the case on Austin product M.i latest single. On Sundress, M.i is not only responsible for the vocals, but the man also wrote, produced, and mixed the track. Sundress gets its sound from a sample from Lana Del Ray’s Video Games, which M.i molds into an infectious, hypnotizing beat, serving as the engine of the effort. Despite the title, the Lonestar State emcee has more on his mind than his lady friend’s wardrobe; he appears a little more concerned with what happens when that sundress comes off. Sundress is not attached to M.i’s forthcoming project, Pushing Keys, but if you are dying to hear more from the multifaceted artist be sure to grab The Coldplay Sessions, which was hosted at The DJBooth earlier this year.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.