Sometimes, if you want the job done right, you just have to do it yourself. That is certainly the case on Austin product M.i latest single. On Sundress, M.i is not only responsible for the vocals, but the man also wrote, produced, and mixed the track. Sundress gets its sound from a sample from Lana Del Ray’s Video Games, which M.i molds into an infectious, hypnotizing beat, serving as the engine of the effort. Despite the title, the Lonestar State emcee has more on his mind than his lady friend’s wardrobe; he appears a little more concerned with what happens when that sundress comes off. Sundress is not attached to M.i’s forthcoming project, Pushing Keys, but if you are dying to hear more from the multifaceted artist be sure to grab The Coldplay Sessions, which was hosted at The DJBooth earlier this year.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/2/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.