Sometimes, if you want the job done right, you just have to do it yourself. That is certainly the case on Austin product M.i latest single. On Sundress, M.i is not only responsible for the vocals, but the man also wrote, produced, and mixed the track. Sundress gets its sound from a sample from Lana Del Ray’s Video Games, which M.i molds into an infectious, hypnotizing beat, serving as the engine of the effort. Despite the title, the Lonestar State emcee has more on his mind than his lady friend’s wardrobe; he appears a little more concerned with what happens when that sundress comes off. Sundress is not attached to M.i’s forthcoming project, Pushing Keys, but if you are dying to hear more from the multifaceted artist be sure to grab The Coldplay Sessions, which was hosted at The DJBooth earlier this year.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/2/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.