Sometimes, if you want the job done right, you just have to do it yourself. That is certainly the case on Austin product M.i latest single. On Sundress, M.i is not only responsible for the vocals, but the man also wrote, produced, and mixed the track. Sundress gets its sound from a sample from Lana Del Ray’s Video Games, which M.i molds into an infectious, hypnotizing beat, serving as the engine of the effort. Despite the title, the Lonestar State emcee has more on his mind than his lady friend’s wardrobe; he appears a little more concerned with what happens when that sundress comes off. Sundress is not attached to M.i’s forthcoming project, Pushing Keys, but if you are dying to hear more from the multifaceted artist be sure to grab The Coldplay Sessions, which was hosted at The DJBooth earlier this year.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/2/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.