If it’s a bright, sunshiney day and you’re feeling on top of the world, you may want to put off listening to M-Dot‘s latest feature – there’s a distinct possibility it may bum you out. If, on the other hand, you woke up to dishwater-gray skies and rainshowers, then now might be the perfect time for a little Self-Reflection. Backed by the forlorn strings of Pauly Fingaz, the Boston mainstay takes a brutally honest look in the mirror. Did I say “brutally honest?” On second thought, it’s just plain brutal; he begins by telling himself “What’s the point? Pack up and pick up / It’s over – quit now, give up” and proceeds to catalog his self-doubts and insecurities, from his lack of a “real job” to the possibility that his so-called friends don’t actually care about him. Fortunately, his (surprisingly deep-voiced) conscience jumps in on the back, warning him to “block out… that nonsense” and keep grinding. Downbeat but ultimately cathartic, this introspective banger should ring familiar to anyone who’s dealt with the blues. Those digging it can hear more on M-Dot’s Booth-sponsored Making Doubters Over Think mixtape, set to drop Dec. 7.
Written by richard on 11/29/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gotta Be" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.