What does it take to succeed on talent in an industry dominated by fads and flash? To put it simply, you’ve Gotta Be M.usically D.riven O.ver T.ime—or M-Dot, for short. Straight outta Boston, Massachusetts, the Italian-American up-and-comer isn’t the type to bandwagon-jump his way to fame and fortune, but he comes with a retro-informed, lyrically-driven style that will always hold appeal for hardcore heads in the Booth and beyond. The newly-released lead single off the artist’s forthcoming debut album finds him teaming up with a fellow MA native to explain just how determined he is to make it to the top; while M-Dot’s energetically-flowed rhymes sound right at home over Teddy Roxpin‘s brassy, soul-sampling instrumental, Springfield native Krumb Snatcha‘s gruff wordplay on the front end is equally appealing. If you’re digging this ambitious jam, be sure and support M-Dot’s grind by picking up a copy of his first LP, set to drop in the fourth quarter of this year.
Written by richard on 08/5/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.