What does it take to succeed on talent in an industry dominated by fads and flash? To put it simply, you’ve Gotta Be M.usically D.riven O.ver T.ime—or M-Dot, for short. Straight outta Boston, Massachusetts, the Italian-American up-and-comer isn’t the type to bandwagon-jump his way to fame and fortune, but he comes with a retro-informed, lyrically-driven style that will always hold appeal for hardcore heads in the Booth and beyond. The newly-released lead single off the artist’s forthcoming debut album finds him teaming up with a fellow MA native to explain just how determined he is to make it to the top; while M-Dot’s energetically-flowed rhymes sound right at home over Teddy Roxpin‘s brassy, soul-sampling instrumental, Springfield native Krumb Snatcha‘s gruff wordplay on the front end is equally appealing. If you’re digging this ambitious jam, be sure and support M-Dot’s grind by picking up a copy of his first LP, set to drop in the fourth quarter of this year.
Written by richard on 08/5/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.