What does it take to succeed on talent in an industry dominated by fads and flash? To put it simply, you’ve Gotta Be M.usically D.riven O.ver T.ime—or M-Dot, for short. Straight outta Boston, Massachusetts, the Italian-American up-and-comer isn’t the type to bandwagon-jump his way to fame and fortune, but he comes with a retro-informed, lyrically-driven style that will always hold appeal for hardcore heads in the Booth and beyond. The newly-released lead single off the artist’s forthcoming debut album finds him teaming up with a fellow MA native to explain just how determined he is to make it to the top; while M-Dot’s energetically-flowed rhymes sound right at home over Teddy Roxpin‘s brassy, soul-sampling instrumental, Springfield native Krumb Snatcha‘s gruff wordplay on the front end is equally appealing. If you’re digging this ambitious jam, be sure and support M-Dot’s grind by picking up a copy of his first LP, set to drop in the fourth quarter of this year.
Listen to More: M-Dot
Written by richard on 08/5/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.