What does it take to succeed on talent in an industry dominated by fads and flash? To put it simply, you’ve Gotta Be M.usically D.riven O.ver T.ime—or M-Dot, for short. Straight outta Boston, Massachusetts, the Italian-American up-and-comer isn’t the type to bandwagon-jump his way to fame and fortune, but he comes with a retro-informed, lyrically-driven style that will always hold appeal for hardcore heads in the Booth and beyond. The newly-released lead single off the artist’s forthcoming debut album finds him teaming up with a fellow MA native to explain just how determined he is to make it to the top; while M-Dot’s energetically-flowed rhymes sound right at home over Teddy Roxpin‘s brassy, soul-sampling instrumental, Springfield native Krumb Snatcha‘s gruff wordplay on the front end is equally appealing. If you’re digging this ambitious jam, be sure and support M-Dot’s grind by picking up a copy of his first LP, set to drop in the fourth quarter of this year.
Listen to More: M-Dot Written by richard
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!