If you’re familiar with the names involved in Eastcoast Points, you know exactly what to expect: pure, uncut underground excellence, with a Northeastern flair. This epic ensemble cut, the inaugural leak off M-Dot‘s forthcoming street album, finds the Boston-based freestyle alum and a few of his dopest region-mates hooking up to flaunt their mic-wrecking skills over a brassy, boom-bap beat by Reckonize Real (complete with scratches by ToneDeff Cutz). After the headliner’s opener, which features a downright dizzying streak of internal rhymes (“Your flows are old, I froze the foes, oppose the pros, I throw the blows to nose, I rose and chose to hold the souls of those who flow.”), Allentown native (and freestyle alum) King Magnetic and Hall of Justus emcee Chaundon (another freestyle alum) jump aboard to lace the cut with their own brand of braggadocious fire. Cymarshall Law (you guessed it, also a freestyle alum) rounds out the lineup, closing proceedings on a cleverly unhinged note. Craving more? Keep it locked for the latest on M-Dot’s Booth-sponsored Money Doesn’t Own Thought mixtape, coming soon.
Written by richard on 10/28/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gotta Be" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.