Thanks to the project’s abrupt release—the first and, to date, only single hit our front page on the eve of the set’s arrival—there are doubtless many hip-hop heads still sleeping on M-Dot‘s new, Booth-hosted street album. So we decided to quit taking Chances, & Change that state of affairs by featuring another fresh record off the tape. (I’ll give you a second to admire how cleverly I worked the title into that last sentence.) Like Today, this record finds the Boston rhymesayer flanked by several talented homies. Over DJ Nefarious‘s gritty, yet melodic sample work, M-Dot trades intricate, insightful verses with E.M.S. crewmate Revalation, Brooklyn mic-murderer click here to cop Jake LaDOTTA for free in the Booth.
Written by richard on 08/28/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gotta Be" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.