Thanks to the project’s abrupt release—the first and, to date, only single hit our front page on the eve of the set’s arrival—there are doubtless many hip-hop heads still sleeping on M-Dot‘s new, Booth-hosted street album. So we decided to quit taking Chances, & Change that state of affairs by featuring another fresh record off the tape. (I’ll give you a second to admire how cleverly I worked the title into that last sentence.) Like Today, this record finds the Boston rhymesayer flanked by several talented homies. Over DJ Nefarious‘s gritty, yet melodic sample work, M-Dot trades intricate, insightful verses with E.M.S. crewmate Revalation, Brooklyn mic-murderer click here to cop Jake LaDOTTA for free in the Booth.
Written by richard on 08/28/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gotta Be" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.