For those football fans who decided to put the foam fingers down to check out some music tonight, you’re in for a treat (Booth members in Chicago, Green Bay, New York and Pittsburgh, we’ll still be here tomorrow to help you celebrate/dry your tears). DMV standout, the aptly named Lyriciss, is in playoff form on new release Superbad, a fast-paced cut whose spirit is far closer to super bad in the ass kicking blaxploitation sense than the McLovin sense. Backed by a killer brass production courtesy of Boston-based beatsmith D. Man, the DJBooth Freestyle Series alum wastes no time delivering witty and original bars, which does nothing but help his argument that he is, indeed, Superbad: “When I speak, it’s heat, I leave beats to a crisp..I struck flows like hoes, I should leave ‘em a tip.” If this is any indication of what’s to come of Lyriciss in 2011, haters beware. Because, of course, if you liked getting ill with this official single, be sure to keep a lookout for the rest of his impending debut album, The Win, which does not currently have a release date.
Written by Sigurd on 01/23/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They Told Me" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: DMX Loses His Shit (In a Good Way), Droog Still Isn’t Nas
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.