For those football fans who decided to put the foam fingers down to check out some music tonight, you’re in for a treat (Booth members in Chicago, Green Bay, New York and Pittsburgh, we’ll still be here tomorrow to help you celebrate/dry your tears). DMV standout, the aptly named Lyriciss, is in playoff form on new release Superbad, a fast-paced cut whose spirit is far closer to super bad in the ass kicking blaxploitation sense than the McLovin sense. Backed by a killer brass production courtesy of Boston-based beatsmith D. Man, the DJBooth Freestyle Series alum wastes no time delivering witty and original bars, which does nothing but help his argument that he is, indeed, Superbad: “When I speak, it’s heat, I leave beats to a crisp..I struck flows like hoes, I should leave ‘em a tip.” If this is any indication of what’s to come of Lyriciss in 2011, haters beware. Because, of course, if you liked getting ill with this official single, be sure to keep a lookout for the rest of his impending debut album, The Win, which does not currently have a release date.
Written by Sigurd on 01/23/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They Told Me" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.