For those football fans who decided to put the foam fingers down to check out some music tonight, you’re in for a treat (Booth members in Chicago, Green Bay, New York and Pittsburgh, we’ll still be here tomorrow to help you celebrate/dry your tears). DMV standout, the aptly named Lyriciss, is in playoff form on new release Superbad, a fast-paced cut whose spirit is far closer to super bad in the ass kicking blaxploitation sense than the McLovin sense. Backed by a killer brass production courtesy of Boston-based beatsmith D. Man, the DJBooth Freestyle Series alum wastes no time delivering witty and original bars, which does nothing but help his argument that he is, indeed, Superbad: “When I speak, it’s heat, I leave beats to a crisp..I struck flows like hoes, I should leave ‘em a tip.” If this is any indication of what’s to come of Lyriciss in 2011, haters beware. Because, of course, if you liked getting ill with this official single, be sure to keep a lookout for the rest of his impending debut album, The Win, which does not currently have a release date.
Written by Sigurd on 01/23/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They Told Me" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.