For those football fans who decided to put the foam fingers down to check out some music tonight, you’re in for a treat (Booth members in Chicago, Green Bay, New York and Pittsburgh, we’ll still be here tomorrow to help you celebrate/dry your tears). DMV standout, the aptly named Lyriciss, is in playoff form on new release Superbad, a fast-paced cut whose spirit is far closer to super bad in the ass kicking blaxploitation sense than the McLovin sense. Backed by a killer brass production courtesy of Boston-based beatsmith D. Man, the DJBooth Freestyle Series alum wastes no time delivering witty and original bars, which does nothing but help his argument that he is, indeed, Superbad: “When I speak, it’s heat, I leave beats to a crisp..I struck flows like hoes, I should leave ‘em a tip.” If this is any indication of what’s to come of Lyriciss in 2011, haters beware. Because, of course, if you liked getting ill with this official single, be sure to keep a lookout for the rest of his impending debut album, The Win, which does not currently have a release date.
Written by Sigurd on 01/23/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They Told Me" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)