They say the best music comes when the artist is writing about what they know best. Considering I can’t imagine a topic Lyriciss is better versed in than his own existence, video single My Life is pretty much guaranteed to be some damn good music. Sure enough, with producer Slimkat78 laying down a mellowed out instrumental that puts me in a real Dilla frame of mind and an as-yet unidentified vocalist laying down some serious soul on the hook, there’s no doubt that this is some quality music - and we haven’t even gotten to Lyriciss yet. In line after line, Lyriciss gives us his heart and soul on the mic, refusing to sacrifice any part of himself in the name of acceptance and mainstream success: “I haven’t always been perfect, but you know a younging always tried / cause my momma taught me my heart is worth more than my pride.” For even more chapters of Lyriciss’ hip-hop download a free copy of his The Balance: Heart EP, the follow up to previous EPs Money and Respect.
Inner Loop Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They Told Me" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!