Are you looking for some Hot Music? I mean, I hope you are, because that’s pretty much all we’ve got – in particular, the latest feature from DMV native and exclusive freestyle series alum Lyriciss should hit the spot. Those with long memories (or extensive record collections) may recognize this track’s production from SoHo‘s identically-titled instrumental, or from k-Os’ usage of the UK trio’s beat on Superstarr Pt Zero, or even from the original sample source material, Wynton Marsalis’ Skain’s Domain. Whether or not the classic beat rings a bell, though, the driving piano-breakbeat groove has a compulsively head-noddable old-school appeal and Lyriciss (true to his name) comes with on-point rhymes to match, positioning himself as the antidote to your average emcee: “I spit it for the blocks that you can’t even go to / I spit it for the hip-hop lovers with no ProTools… if you don’t see hope then I’m the bi-focals.” Digging this blast from the past? Keep it locked – Hot Music isn’t currently set to appear on any forthcoming project, but that could change very soon.
Listen to More: Rob Regal
Written by richard on 05/17/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They Told Me" (2009)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.