Are you looking for some Hot Music? I mean, I hope you are, because that’s pretty much all we’ve got – in particular, the latest feature from DMV native and exclusive freestyle series alum Lyriciss should hit the spot. Those with long memories (or extensive record collections) may recognize this track’s production from SoHo‘s identically-titled instrumental, or from k-Os’ usage of the UK trio’s beat on Superstarr Pt Zero, or even from the original sample source material, Wynton Marsalis’ Skain’s Domain. Whether or not the classic beat rings a bell, though, the driving piano-breakbeat groove has a compulsively head-noddable old-school appeal and Lyriciss (true to his name) comes with on-point rhymes to match, positioning himself as the antidote to your average emcee: “I spit it for the blocks that you can’t even go to / I spit it for the hip-hop lovers with no ProTools… if you don’t see hope then I’m the bi-focals.” Digging this blast from the past? Keep it locked – Hot Music isn’t currently set to appear on any forthcoming project, but that could change very soon.
Written by richard on 05/17/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They Told Me" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.