Are you looking for some Hot Music? I mean, I hope you are, because that’s pretty much all we’ve got – in particular, the latest feature from DMV native and exclusive freestyle series alum Lyriciss should hit the spot. Those with long memories (or extensive record collections) may recognize this track’s production from SoHo‘s identically-titled instrumental, or from k-Os’ usage of the UK trio’s beat on Superstarr Pt Zero, or even from the original sample source material, Wynton Marsalis’ Skain’s Domain. Whether or not the classic beat rings a bell, though, the driving piano-breakbeat groove has a compulsively head-noddable old-school appeal and Lyriciss (true to his name) comes with on-point rhymes to match, positioning himself as the antidote to your average emcee: “I spit it for the blocks that you can’t even go to / I spit it for the hip-hop lovers with no ProTools… if you don’t see hope then I’m the bi-focals.” Digging this blast from the past? Keep it locked – Hot Music isn’t currently set to appear on any forthcoming project, but that could change very soon.
Listen to More: Lyriciss Written by richard
Inner Loop Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They Told Me" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.