As evidenced by his stage name, Bright Nights emcee Lyriciss considers his pen game one of his best qualities, but that’s far from all the DMV native’s got to offer – he also prides himself on his ability to Give ‘Em a Show. Though the lack of video evidence requires us to take Lyriciss at his word when it comes to his live performances, it’s not hard to imagine this mixtape inclusion getting a sizable crowd moving. Over Jab the Future‘s street-certified chopped-string sample boardwork, the artist spits energetic bars brimming with hard-nosed boasts, as well as a few out-of-left-field pop-culture references (the fact that I had to turn to YouTube to decipher the “I got more bars than the beginning of Get Smart” line only made it funnier.). Is Lyriciss truly the “new voice of the DMV?” I’ll leave that one for you to decide. Either way, fans will be able to hear more from this promising up-and-comer on January 26, 2010, when his The Practice mixtape hits the ‘net.
Written by richard on 12/21/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They Told Me" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.