After decades of neglect by hip-hop’s national spotlight, the DMV region (D.C./Maryland/Virginia) has suddenly become one of hip-hop’s fastest growing epicenters, with new artists like Lyriciss finally getting the chance to show the nation their skills (especially his freestyle skills). On Lyricisss’ latest cut Bright Nights the D.C. native hooks up with producer E-Minah for a bluesy and soulful beat that shines with sonic hope, setting the stage of Lyriciss to live up to his name and drop a integral flow that proves his flow is equal amounts solid delivery and clever punchlines: “Believe it, if I didn’t love hip-hop I’d leave it, all the imitation beef has got me feeling vegan.” That, my friends, is sound nutritional rap advice. Lyriciss may have some dark days now, but that should change when his new project The Practice is released, reportedly before the end of the year. Keep it locked to DJBooth.net for more.
Listen to More: Rob Regal
Written by Nathan S. on 10/25/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They Told Me" (2009)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)