After decades of neglect by hip-hop’s national spotlight, the DMV region (D.C./Maryland/Virginia) has suddenly become one of hip-hop’s fastest growing epicenters, with new artists like Lyriciss finally getting the chance to show the nation their skills (especially his freestyle skills). On Lyricisss’ latest cut Bright Nights the D.C. native hooks up with producer E-Minah for a bluesy and soulful beat that shines with sonic hope, setting the stage of Lyriciss to live up to his name and drop a integral flow that proves his flow is equal amounts solid delivery and clever punchlines: “Believe it, if I didn’t love hip-hop I’d leave it, all the imitation beef has got me feeling vegan.” That, my friends, is sound nutritional rap advice. Lyriciss may have some dark days now, but that should change when his new project The Practice is released, reportedly before the end of the year. Keep it locked to DJBooth.net for more.
Listen to More: Rob Regal
Written by Nathan S. on 10/25/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They Told Me" (2009)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.