After decades of neglect by hip-hop’s national spotlight, the DMV region (D.C./Maryland/Virginia) has suddenly become one of hip-hop’s fastest growing epicenters, with new artists like Lyriciss finally getting the chance to show the nation their skills (especially his freestyle skills). On Lyricisss’ latest cut Bright Nights the D.C. native hooks up with producer E-Minah for a bluesy and soulful beat that shines with sonic hope, setting the stage of Lyriciss to live up to his name and drop a integral flow that proves his flow is equal amounts solid delivery and clever punchlines: “Believe it, if I didn’t love hip-hop I’d leave it, all the imitation beef has got me feeling vegan.” That, my friends, is sound nutritional rap advice. Lyriciss may have some dark days now, but that should change when his new project The Practice is released, reportedly before the end of the year. Keep it locked to DJBooth.net for more.
Listen to More: Lyriciss Written by Nathan S.
Inner Loop Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They Told Me" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- Freeway x Girl Talk - Broken Ankles EP
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.