Is it worth risking your freedom and potentially your life for a pile of cash and a Big Gold Chain? Crazy as the bet may seem, all-too-many inner-city youths are willing to put everything on the line for a chance to shine. On Lyriciss’ latest single (a Booth-exclusive world premiere, the DMV rhymesayer offers listeners a little insight into social and economic conditions that turn poverty-stricken individuals into compulsive paper-chasers, and the often dire consequences of such an addiction. The Balance EP: Money is available now.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Lyriciss’ Dante Bailey-directed Big Gold Chain visual.
Written by richard on 11/10/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They Told Me" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.