Is it worth risking your freedom and potentially your life for a pile of cash and a Big Gold Chain? Crazy as the bet may seem, all-too-many inner-city youths are willing to put everything on the line for a chance to shine. On Lyriciss’ latest single (a Booth-exclusive world premiere, the DMV rhymesayer offers listeners a little insight into social and economic conditions that turn poverty-stricken individuals into compulsive paper-chasers, and the often dire consequences of such an addiction. The Balance EP: Money is available now.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Lyriciss’ Dante Bailey-directed Big Gold Chain visual.
Written by richard on 11/10/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They Told Me" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.