Is it worth risking your freedom and potentially your life for a pile of cash and a Big Gold Chain? Crazy as the bet may seem, all-too-many inner-city youths are willing to put everything on the line for a chance to shine. On Lyriciss’ latest single (a Booth-exclusive world premiere, the DMV rhymesayer offers listeners a little insight into social and economic conditions that turn poverty-stricken individuals into compulsive paper-chasers, and the often dire consequences of such an addiction. The Balance EP: Money is available now.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Lyriciss’ Dante Bailey-directed Big Gold Chain visual.
Written by richard on 11/10/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They Told Me" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.