Is it worth risking your freedom and potentially your life for a pile of cash and a Big Gold Chain? Crazy as the bet may seem, all-too-many inner-city youths are willing to put everything on the line for a chance to shine. On Lyriciss’ latest single (a Booth-exclusive world premiere, the DMV rhymesayer offers listeners a little insight into social and economic conditions that turn poverty-stricken individuals into compulsive paper-chasers, and the often dire consequences of such an addiction. The Balance EP: Money is available now.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Lyriciss’ Dante Bailey-directed Big Gold Chain visual.
Written by richard on 11/10/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They Told Me" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.