Love is a lot like Magnetism: it’s a force of nature that brings people together seemingly of its own accord. Also, nobody except f**king scientists knows how it works. (That reference was brought to you by the year 2010.) On her latest single, part of a forthcoming concept EP on the topic of romance, Boston emcee Lyric Jones tells the story of her latest relationship, which began with a simple look and intensified so quickly neither she nor the man in question and time to hit the brakes—not that they wanted to. For the first time on a Booth feature, Jones showcases her skills behind the boards as well as on the mic, building her beat around a sample of Slave’s funky Just a Touch of Love. Feeling it? You’ll be able to hear Lyric delve further into matters of the heart come April 22, when Love’s Trail Mix hits the ‘net for streaming and download.
Written by richard on 04/13/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.