Love is a lot like Magnetism: it’s a force of nature that brings people together seemingly of its own accord. Also, nobody except f**king scientists knows how it works. (That reference was brought to you by the year 2010.) On her latest single, part of a forthcoming concept EP on the topic of romance, Boston emcee Lyric Jones tells the story of her latest relationship, which began with a simple look and intensified so quickly neither she nor the man in question and time to hit the brakes—not that they wanted to. For the first time on a Booth feature, Jones showcases her skills behind the boards as well as on the mic, building her beat around a sample of Slave’s funky Just a Touch of Love. Feeling it? You’ll be able to hear Lyric delve further into matters of the heart come April 22, when Love’s Trail Mix hits the ‘net for streaming and download.
Written by richard on 04/13/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.