As the old saying goes, silence is golden. While normally used to quiet children down or keep people hushed in a library, the phrase can also be used to describe Silence, the latest feature from Lyn Charles. Over a heavy Delimma and Biz production that arguably sounds more like an R&B instrumental than a hip-hop beat, Charles deals with the life changes he’s experienced thus far in his journey to the top. Adding to the cut’s emotional vibe, Guordan lends his vocals to the hook, as well as complimenting Charles’ raw flow with some smooth backup vocals. This joint is slated to appear on Charles’ Silence is the Language of Gods LP, for which no release date has been set.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Resurrection of Hip Hop" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.