After having a few issues with his NY Girl just last month, it appears that Philadelphia lyricist Lyn Charles is still having some trouble in the love department. On his latest DJBooth feature, Replay, Charles tells a familiar tale of the one he loves becoming more and more distant in their relationship. He recalls the precise day things went downhill as he raps, “December 31, you gift-wrapped my heart/ I had to keep going so I wouldn’t end up at the start/ And now I’m not searching for you cause you not the same one I fell in love with.” A quick fun fact about the production on Replay, the Euro-inspired beat comes courtesy of producer Frank Jones, who was only 14-years-old when he crafted the impressive production. Both Replay and NY Girl can be found on Charles’ Golden Louis EP, which was made available for digital purchase on iTunes last month.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/1/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Resurrection of Hip Hop" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.