After having a few issues with his NY Girl just last month, it appears that Philadelphia lyricist Lyn Charles is still having some trouble in the love department. On his latest DJBooth feature, Replay, Charles tells a familiar tale of the one he loves becoming more and more distant in their relationship. He recalls the precise day things went downhill as he raps, “December 31, you gift-wrapped my heart/ I had to keep going so I wouldn’t end up at the start/ And now I’m not searching for you cause you not the same one I fell in love with.” A quick fun fact about the production on Replay, the Euro-inspired beat comes courtesy of producer Frank Jones, who was only 14-years-old when he crafted the impressive production. Both Replay and NY Girl can be found on Charles’ Golden Louis EP, which was made available for digital purchase on iTunes last month.
Listen to More: Lyn Charles Written by Danielle H.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Resurrection of Hip Hop" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.