On DJBooth newcomer Lyn Charles’ latest feature, it’s a simple case of Philly emcee meets NY Girl as the artist touches on a past relationship with a woman from The Empire City. The bleak tone of the record is recognized just seconds after pressing the play button as the Philadelphia spitter dissects his dismal relationship, coming to the conclusion that, “I’m just a drifter drifting, life lived/ I loved you from the start, but I can’t give you my heart.” Producer Young Ferno‘s jazz-heavy production proves to be a fitting audio backdrop for both the melancholy record and Charles’ exemplary lyricism. You can find NY Girl on Charles’ Golden Louis EP, which is available for download on iTunes.
Written by Danielle H. on 09/24/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Resurrection of Hip Hop" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.