On DJBooth newcomer Lyn Charles’ latest feature, it’s a simple case of Philly emcee meets NY Girl as the artist touches on a past relationship with a woman from The Empire City. The bleak tone of the record is recognized just seconds after pressing the play button as the Philadelphia spitter dissects his dismal relationship, coming to the conclusion that, “I’m just a drifter drifting, life lived/ I loved you from the start, but I can’t give you my heart.” Producer Young Ferno‘s jazz-heavy production proves to be a fitting audio backdrop for both the melancholy record and Charles’ exemplary lyricism. You can find NY Girl on Charles’ Golden Louis EP, which is available for download on iTunes.
Written by Danielle H. on 09/24/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Resurrection of Hip Hop" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.