On DJBooth newcomer Lyn Charles’ latest feature, it’s a simple case of Philly emcee meets NY Girl as the artist touches on a past relationship with a woman from The Empire City. The bleak tone of the record is recognized just seconds after pressing the play button as the Philadelphia spitter dissects his dismal relationship, coming to the conclusion that, “I’m just a drifter drifting, life lived/ I loved you from the start, but I can’t give you my heart.” Producer Young Ferno‘s jazz-heavy production proves to be a fitting audio backdrop for both the melancholy record and Charles’ exemplary lyricism. You can find NY Girl on Charles’ Golden Louis EP, which is available for download on iTunes.
Written by Danielle H. on 09/24/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Resurrection of Hip Hop" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.