On DJBooth newcomer Lyn Charles’ latest feature, it’s a simple case of Philly emcee meets NY Girl as the artist touches on a past relationship with a woman from The Empire City. The bleak tone of the record is recognized just seconds after pressing the play button as the Philadelphia spitter dissects his dismal relationship, coming to the conclusion that, “I’m just a drifter drifting, life lived/ I loved you from the start, but I can’t give you my heart.” Producer Young Ferno‘s jazz-heavy production proves to be a fitting audio backdrop for both the melancholy record and Charles’ exemplary lyricism. You can find NY Girl on Charles’ Golden Louis EP, which is available for download on iTunes.
Written by Danielle H. on 09/24/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Resurrection of Hip Hop" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)