Don’t hail from the City of Brotherly Love? Then you’re unlikely to fully appreciate Lyn Charles’ latest feature; it’s a Hopeless Westside Thing. Not that there isn’t plenty for outsiders to appreciate. Charles’ verses, which find him contrasting the lavish lifestyle to which he aspires with the urban poverty of Westside Philly, could apply with minor modifications to many American inner-city ‘hoods. A$AP Mob affiliate and fellow Philadelphian Grande Marshall turns in an equally compelling performance behind the mixing boards, flipping a repeated snippet from B.G. Knocc Out’s verse on DJ Yella classic Dat’s How I’m Livin’ into a hazy, slow-rolling backdrop for the artist’s bars. Feeling it? This joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but fans can, of course, keep it locked for the latest from Lyn Charles.
Written by richard on 10/15/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Resurrection of Hip Hop" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)