Don’t hail from the City of Brotherly Love? Then you’re unlikely to fully appreciate Lyn Charles’ latest feature; it’s a Hopeless Westside Thing. Not that there isn’t plenty for outsiders to appreciate. Charles’ verses, which find him contrasting the lavish lifestyle to which he aspires with the urban poverty of Westside Philly, could apply with minor modifications to many American inner-city ‘hoods. A$AP Mob affiliate and fellow Philadelphian Grande Marshall turns in an equally compelling performance behind the mixing boards, flipping a repeated snippet from B.G. Knocc Out’s verse on DJ Yella classic Dat’s How I’m Livin’ into a hazy, slow-rolling backdrop for the artist’s bars. Feeling it? This joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but fans can, of course, keep it locked for the latest from Lyn Charles.
Written by richard on 10/15/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Resurrection of Hip Hop" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.