Who needs luck when you’re as good at what you do as Lyn Charles? On new single Good Luck, the follow-up to Farewell, Philadelphia, the Keystone State rhymesayer shows us why his success is far from a matter of chance—with the combo of diligence and mic prowess he possesses, it’s practically a certainty. Flexing his leisurely flow over Vidal Davis’ measured keyboard chords, ethereal vocal samples and spray-can percussion, he laces the beat with a poetically abstract account of his grind. Lyn’s advice to fellow up-and-comers in the game? “Dream hard, and think heavy / Smoke good, and drink steady.” Craving more pearls of wisdom from the Northeastern buzzmaker? While Golden Louis as-yet lacks a solid drop date, fans can, of course, keep their browsers locked to the Booth for all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 09/17/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Resurrection of Hip Hop" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.