Who needs luck when you’re as good at what you do as Lyn Charles? On new single Good Luck, the follow-up to Farewell, Philadelphia, the Keystone State rhymesayer shows us why his success is far from a matter of chance—with the combo of diligence and mic prowess he possesses, it’s practically a certainty. Flexing his leisurely flow over Vidal Davis’ measured keyboard chords, ethereal vocal samples and spray-can percussion, he laces the beat with a poetically abstract account of his grind. Lyn’s advice to fellow up-and-comers in the game? “Dream hard, and think heavy / Smoke good, and drink steady.” Craving more pearls of wisdom from the Northeastern buzzmaker? While Golden Louis as-yet lacks a solid drop date, fans can, of course, keep their browsers locked to the Booth for all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 09/17/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Resurrection of Hip Hop" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.