Who needs luck when you’re as good at what you do as Lyn Charles? On new single Good Luck, the follow-up to Farewell, Philadelphia, the Keystone State rhymesayer shows us why his success is far from a matter of chance—with the combo of diligence and mic prowess he possesses, it’s practically a certainty. Flexing his leisurely flow over Vidal Davis’ measured keyboard chords, ethereal vocal samples and spray-can percussion, he laces the beat with a poetically abstract account of his grind. Lyn’s advice to fellow up-and-comers in the game? “Dream hard, and think heavy / Smoke good, and drink steady.” Craving more pearls of wisdom from the Northeastern buzzmaker? While Golden Louis as-yet lacks a solid drop date, fans can, of course, keep their browsers locked to the Booth for all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 09/17/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Resurrection of Hip Hop" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.