Who needs luck when you’re as good at what you do as Lyn Charles? On new single Good Luck, the follow-up to Farewell, Philadelphia, the Keystone State rhymesayer shows us why his success is far from a matter of chance—with the combo of diligence and mic prowess he possesses, it’s practically a certainty. Flexing his leisurely flow over Vidal Davis’ measured keyboard chords, ethereal vocal samples and spray-can percussion, he laces the beat with a poetically abstract account of his grind. Lyn’s advice to fellow up-and-comers in the game? “Dream hard, and think heavy / Smoke good, and drink steady.” Craving more pearls of wisdom from the Northeastern buzzmaker? While Golden Louis as-yet lacks a solid drop date, fans can, of course, keep their browsers locked to the Booth for all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 09/17/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Resurrection of Hip Hop" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.