On his last mixtape single, late-March’s Silence, Lyn Charles got a few things off his chest, filling listeners in on the myriad frustrations that accompany his day-to-day hustle. Refreshed by that mic therapy session, the Philly repper returns to our pages with Fuconventional, a follow-up which reflects his heightened self-confidence and drive to succeed. Beatsmith Chris June‘s hazy synths and sizzling hi-hats back the artist as he balls on the haters and flaunts his designer wardrobe. In addition to rocking the mic, Charles ties the joint together with an Auto-Tuned chorus. Craving more? Then keep it locked; Silence Is the Language of the Gods currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with release details and fresh cuts as they emerge.
Written by richard on 05/1/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Resurrection of Hip Hop" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.