On his last mixtape single, late-March’s Silence, Lyn Charles got a few things off his chest, filling listeners in on the myriad frustrations that accompany his day-to-day hustle. Refreshed by that mic therapy session, the Philly repper returns to our pages with Fuconventional, a follow-up which reflects his heightened self-confidence and drive to succeed. Beatsmith Chris June‘s hazy synths and sizzling hi-hats back the artist as he balls on the haters and flaunts his designer wardrobe. In addition to rocking the mic, Charles ties the joint together with an Auto-Tuned chorus. Craving more? Then keep it locked; Silence Is the Language of the Gods currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with release details and fresh cuts as they emerge.
Written by richard on 05/1/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Resurrection of Hip Hop" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.