When your DJBooth debut involves resurrecting hip-hop alongside Big K.R.I.T. it’s hard to top an introduction like that, but grabbing some production from the legendary ?uestlove of The Roots is a hell of a start. For his latest single Lyn Charles says Farewell Philadelphia over an organic, perfectly timed beat from the aforementioned ?uest, using the opportunity to transcend the “crabs in a bucket” mentality that drags so many rappers down, even in their own hometown. Add in a smooth hook from Charles and a guest verse from Ryshon Jones, who just made his own solo DJBooth debut, and you’ve got the perfect way to announce Charles’ upcoming Golden Louis EP, which is currently still awaiting a release date.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/13/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Resurrection of Hip Hop" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.