When your DJBooth debut involves resurrecting hip-hop alongside Big K.R.I.T. it’s hard to top an introduction like that, but grabbing some production from the legendary ?uestlove of The Roots is a hell of a start. For his latest single Lyn Charles says Farewell Philadelphia over an organic, perfectly timed beat from the aforementioned ?uest, using the opportunity to transcend the “crabs in a bucket” mentality that drags so many rappers down, even in their own hometown. Add in a smooth hook from Charles and a guest verse from Ryshon Jones, who just made his own solo DJBooth debut, and you’ve got the perfect way to announce Charles’ upcoming Golden Louis EP, which is currently still awaiting a release date.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/13/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Resurrection of Hip Hop" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.