When your DJBooth debut involves resurrecting hip-hop alongside Big K.R.I.T. it’s hard to top an introduction like that, but grabbing some production from the legendary ?uestlove of The Roots is a hell of a start. For his latest single Lyn Charles says Farewell Philadelphia over an organic, perfectly timed beat from the aforementioned ?uest, using the opportunity to transcend the “crabs in a bucket” mentality that drags so many rappers down, even in their own hometown. Add in a smooth hook from Charles and a guest verse from Ryshon Jones, who just made his own solo DJBooth debut, and you’ve got the perfect way to announce Charles’ upcoming Golden Louis EP, which is currently still awaiting a release date.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/13/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Resurrection of Hip Hop" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.