I remember going to my friend’s concert in middle school, where they had an OG projector set up with a pyrex bowl of dish soap, water, and food coloring, which was used as entertainment for the kids who were too awkward to dance. Well, Swedish singer and songwriter Lykee Li has one upped those days with a set of visuals for the remixed version of her current single No Rest For The Wicked. The song opens with A$AP Rocky explaining his mistakes in a prior relationship, foreshadowing the story behind his guest verse. The addition of the PMF from Harlem provides a nice break in the midst of Lykke’s eerily calming voice. The borderline-epic record will appear in its original form, sans Rocky, on Lykke’s I Never Learn album, which will be available for purchase on May 5. And in case A$AP Rocky doesn’t deliver your preferred cup of rap tea, check out e-dubble’s rhymes over a chopped up version of the same sample.
Written by Bryan H on 04/23/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.