After reading the title of Lyfe Jennings’ latest single, Statistics, I wasn’t quite sure what to expect – but I was definitely not expecting to hear the Jesus Swings/Asylum/WMG singer deliver a thought-provoking commentary on modern romance, backing his assertions up with actual statistical data. Lyfe, I’m sorry I underestimated you. While some of the facts and figures the R&B heavyweight cites over producer T-Minus’ tuneful blend of piano and electric guitar are dubious (“Fifteen percent of men got a complex… there’s a 50/50 chance that you’ll marry a coward.”), it’s hard to argue with the record’s laid-back catchiness, Jennings’ vocal abilities, or the track’s underlying message – ladies, are you taking notes? Fans will be able to find more infectious tunes and rock-solid lyrical insights on Lyfe Jennings’ latest full-length, I Still Believe, tentatively scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers on June 29.
Written by richard on 05/19/10
Submit your Rating
Mass Appeal Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ghetto Mindstate (Can't Get Away)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)