After reading the title of Lyfe Jennings’ latest single, Statistics, I wasn’t quite sure what to expect – but I was definitely not expecting to hear the Jesus Swings/Asylum/WMG singer deliver a thought-provoking commentary on modern romance, backing his assertions up with actual statistical data. Lyfe, I’m sorry I underestimated you. While some of the facts and figures the R&B heavyweight cites over producer T-Minus’ tuneful blend of piano and electric guitar are dubious (“Fifteen percent of men got a complex… there’s a 50/50 chance that you’ll marry a coward.”), it’s hard to argue with the record’s laid-back catchiness, Jennings’ vocal abilities, or the track’s underlying message – ladies, are you taking notes? Fans will be able to find more infectious tunes and rock-solid lyrical insights on Lyfe Jennings’ latest full-length, I Still Believe, tentatively scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers on June 29.
Listen to More: Lyfe Jennings
Written by richard on 05/19/10
Mass Appeal Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ghetto Mindstate (Can't Get Away) ft. Lyfe Jennings" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.