After reading the title of Lyfe Jennings’ latest single, Statistics, I wasn’t quite sure what to expect – but I was definitely not expecting to hear the Jesus Swings/Asylum/WMG singer deliver a thought-provoking commentary on modern romance, backing his assertions up with actual statistical data. Lyfe, I’m sorry I underestimated you. While some of the facts and figures the R&B heavyweight cites over producer T-Minus’ tuneful blend of piano and electric guitar are dubious (“Fifteen percent of men got a complex… there’s a 50/50 chance that you’ll marry a coward.”), it’s hard to argue with the record’s laid-back catchiness, Jennings’ vocal abilities, or the track’s underlying message – ladies, are you taking notes? Fans will be able to find more infectious tunes and rock-solid lyrical insights on Lyfe Jennings’ latest full-length, I Still Believe, tentatively scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers on June 29.
Listen to More: Lyfe Jennings
Written by richard on 05/19/10
Submit your Rating
Mass Appeal Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ghetto Mindstate (Can't Get Away) ft. Lyfe Jennings" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.