After reading the title of Lyfe Jennings’ latest single, Statistics, I wasn’t quite sure what to expect – but I was definitely not expecting to hear the Jesus Swings/Asylum/WMG singer deliver a thought-provoking commentary on modern romance, backing his assertions up with actual statistical data. Lyfe, I’m sorry I underestimated you. While some of the facts and figures the R&B heavyweight cites over producer T-Minus’ tuneful blend of piano and electric guitar are dubious (“Fifteen percent of men got a complex… there’s a 50/50 chance that you’ll marry a coward.”), it’s hard to argue with the record’s laid-back catchiness, Jennings’ vocal abilities, or the track’s underlying message – ladies, are you taking notes? Fans will be able to find more infectious tunes and rock-solid lyrical insights on Lyfe Jennings’ latest full-length, I Still Believe, tentatively scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers on June 29.
Listen to More: Lyfe Jennings
Written by richard on 05/19/10
Mass Appeal Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ghetto Mindstate (Can't Get Away) ft. Lyfe Jennings" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)