After reading the title of Lyfe Jennings’ latest single, Statistics, I wasn’t quite sure what to expect – but I was definitely not expecting to hear the Jesus Swings/Asylum/WMG singer deliver a thought-provoking commentary on modern romance, backing his assertions up with actual statistical data. Lyfe, I’m sorry I underestimated you. While some of the facts and figures the R&B heavyweight cites over producer T-Minus’ tuneful blend of piano and electric guitar are dubious (“Fifteen percent of men got a complex… there’s a 50/50 chance that you’ll marry a coward.”), it’s hard to argue with the record’s laid-back catchiness, Jennings’ vocal abilities, or the track’s underlying message – ladies, are you taking notes? Fans will be able to find more infectious tunes and rock-solid lyrical insights on Lyfe Jennings’ latest full-length, I Still Believe, tentatively scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers on June 29.
Listen to More: Lyfe Jennings Written by richard
Mass Appeal Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ghetto Mindstate (Can't Get Away) ft. Lyfe Jennings" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.