Man, if I knew then what I know now, I probably wouldn’t have bought that MC Hammer tape and those parachute pants. (Hey, take it easy on me, I was eight.) The wish that your younger, more reckless self had the wisdom you do now is one we’ve all had, and it’s a wish Lyfe Jennings knows only too well. In the follow-up single to his DJBooth approved Haters, Jennings is back with his new offering If I Knew Then, a slowly smoking track that’s captivating, thanks in no small part to Lyfe’s always stellar vocals - absolutely no one else sounds like he does - and some beautifully understated production from C. Jennings, though I would have liked to have heard more of the acoustic flavor we get at the end. If I Knew Then is part of Lyfe’s upcoming new album I Still Believe, tentatively scheduled to drop in April of 2010. (FYI: “Tentative” is industry speak for “there’s almost no chance the album’s going to drop then.”)
Listen to More: Lyfe Jennings Written by Nathan S.
Mass Appeal Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ghetto Mindstate (Can't Get Away) ft. Lyfe Jennings" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.