Last we saw Lyfe Jennings, he had just dropped his junior album, Lyfe Change, which earned the first 4.5-star, “Near-Classic” rating of ‘08 (and one of only five to date) from our resident album reviewer, Nathan S. Despite LC being the best-selling album of its release weekend (defeating sets by Lil’ Mama and Baby D), Lyfe parted ways with Columbia/Sony, ultimately finding distribution for his Jesus Swings label imprint and a home for his currently-untitled senior album at Warner Bros. The first leak off the forthcoming LP finds Lyfe expressing gratitude to all the Haters whose presence simply serves as evidence that he’s truly gone major. The combination of Lyfe’s gruff vocals and the Trackboyz’ spirited production is sure to please longtime fans and leave haters scratching their heads. Stay tuned to the Booth for further details on Jennings’ plans for summer ‘09—rest assured, we’ll have plenty to share!
Written by Burmy on 05/5/09
Submit your Rating
Mass Appeal Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ghetto Mindstate (Can't Get Away)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.