In late September Lyfe Jennings released the first single off his upcoming March album, Change. Since making its first official push at radio late last month, Cops Up has slowly begun to climb the charts and you know what that means… remix time! On board to rap 16 bars is Lyfe’s new label mate, Jim Jones, who recently inked a million dollar deal between Koch and Jennings’ label, Sony/Columbia. Normally, Jones would want nothing to do with the po po; but while Lyfe is reporting a ‘lil mama’ who stole his heart, Capo figures he’ll try and have his chick arrested too. Look for both artists to collaborate with one another more as the calendar flips to 2008.
Written by DJ Z on 12/12/07
Submit your Rating
Red Music / Sony
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ghetto Mindstate (Can't Get Away)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.