In late September Lyfe Jennings released the first single off his upcoming March album, Change. Since making its first official push at radio late last month, Cops Up has slowly begun to climb the charts and you know what that means… remix time! On board to rap 16 bars is Lyfe’s new label mate, Jim Jones, who recently inked a million dollar deal between Koch and Jennings’ label, Sony/Columbia. Normally, Jones would want nothing to do with the po po; but while Lyfe is reporting a ‘lil mama’ who stole his heart, Capo figures he’ll try and have his chick arrested too. Look for both artists to collaborate with one another more as the calendar flips to 2008.
Written by DJ Z on 12/12/07
Submit your Rating
Mass Appeal Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ghetto Mindstate (Can't Get Away)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.