Singer Lyfe Jennings is back with the new single, Cops Up, off his February of ’08 release, Change. While Jennings pleads with whoever is listening to call the police, he might be reporting the wrong crime. He tells the 911 operator he has been “shot through the heart”; although he fails to mention he stole a vocal synthesizer from T-Pain’s studio. Using the effects, Jennings removes the naturally painful gruff that normally stands out in his voice. Who knows, maybe its all a grand plan to get someone arrested for doing too many guest features?
Written by DJ Z on 09/25/07
Submit your Rating
Mass Appeal Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ghetto Mindstate (Can't Get Away)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.