Have you ever felt neglected in a relationship? If so, then Lyfe Jennings has just made your new anthem. On his new single Busy, Lyfe assumes the role of a man whose significant other refuses to show him enough attention. Vocally Lyfe puts on a clinic with this joint, plus piano-tinged production by The Hyenas, a catchy chorus and a strong outro all prove that the Must Be Nice singer still has it. However, Busy ironically suffers from its own topic: the song simply has too much going on. Sounding more like an album-cut than a single with its busy signal effects and dialogue interludes, the song almost loses its emotion while trying to emphasize its concept. Luckily, Lyfe’s voice is intriguing enough to make you sympathize with him and wonder why on Earth this woman doesn’t invest more time in such a talented man. Will Booth listeners pick up on Busy or will Mr. Jennings hear dial tones? That’s up to you. Busy is the new single of Lyfe’s upcoming album I Still Believe (previously titled Sooner or Later), due out in April
Written by Quentin Cuff on 01/27/10
Submit your Rating
Red Music / Sony
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ghetto Mindstate (Can't Get Away)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.