Have you ever felt neglected in a relationship? If so, then Lyfe Jennings has just made your new anthem. On his new single Busy, Lyfe assumes the role of a man whose significant other refuses to show him enough attention. Vocally Lyfe puts on a clinic with this joint, plus piano-tinged production by The Hyenas, a catchy chorus and a strong outro all prove that the Must Be Nice singer still has it. However, Busy ironically suffers from its own topic: the song simply has too much going on. Sounding more like an album-cut than a single with its busy signal effects and dialogue interludes, the song almost loses its emotion while trying to emphasize its concept. Luckily, Lyfe’s voice is intriguing enough to make you sympathize with him and wonder why on Earth this woman doesn’t invest more time in such a talented man. Will Booth listeners pick up on Busy or will Mr. Jennings hear dial tones? That’s up to you. Busy is the new single of Lyfe’s upcoming album I Still Believe (previously titled Sooner or Later), due out in April
Written by Quentin Cuff on 01/27/10
Submit your Rating
Mass Appeal Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ghetto Mindstate (Can't Get Away)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.