Regardless of where your spiritual beliefs lie, you should think twice before to scoffing at the notion of karma. One way or another, the world seems to work itself out so that what goes around always comes around. Veteran R&B artist Lyfe Jennings knows this, as he has firsthand experience throwing away a girl’s heart like a Boomerang, only to have come back to haunt him. With a velvety, heartfelt vocal performance, Jennings, a new signee of indie label Mass Appeal, crushes the guitar-heavy boardwork of G2G and LaShaunda “Baby Girl” Carr. The rich, lively instrumental, combined with Lyfe’s pained, yet energetic style makes this record much more colorful and uptempo than your average brokenhearted R&B anthem. Boomerang is the lead single off Lyfe’s currently-untitled and unscheduled forthcoming album, slated for release sometime this fall. As always, you can keep your browsers locked to The DJBooth for the latest tunes and release details.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/9/13
Submit your Rating
Mass Appeal Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ghetto Mindstate (Can't Get Away)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)