Regardless of where your spiritual beliefs lie, you should think twice before to scoffing at the notion of karma. One way or another, the world seems to work itself out so that what goes around always comes around. Veteran R&B artist Lyfe Jennings knows this, as he has firsthand experience throwing away a girl’s heart like a Boomerang, only to have come back to haunt him. With a velvety, heartfelt vocal performance, Jennings, a new signee of indie label Mass Appeal, crushes the guitar-heavy boardwork of G2G and LaShaunda “Baby Girl” Carr. The rich, lively instrumental, combined with Lyfe’s pained, yet energetic style makes this record much more colorful and uptempo than your average brokenhearted R&B anthem. Boomerang is the lead single off Lyfe’s currently-untitled and unscheduled forthcoming album, slated for release sometime this fall. As always, you can keep your browsers locked to The DJBooth for the latest tunes and release details.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/9/13
Submit your Rating
Red Music / Sony
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ghetto Mindstate (Can't Get Away)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.