Regardless of where your spiritual beliefs lie, you should think twice before to scoffing at the notion of karma. One way or another, the world seems to work itself out so that what goes around always comes around. Veteran R&B artist Lyfe Jennings knows this, as he has firsthand experience throwing away a girl’s heart like a Boomerang, only to have come back to haunt him. With a velvety, heartfelt vocal performance, Jennings, a new signee of indie label Mass Appeal, crushes the guitar-heavy boardwork of G2G and LaShaunda “Baby Girl” Carr. The rich, lively instrumental, combined with Lyfe’s pained, yet energetic style makes this record much more colorful and uptempo than your average brokenhearted R&B anthem. Boomerang is the lead single off Lyfe’s currently-untitled and unscheduled forthcoming album, slated for release sometime this fall. As always, you can keep your browsers locked to The DJBooth for the latest tunes and release details.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/9/13
Mass Appeal Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ghetto Mindstate (Can't Get Away) ft. Lyfe Jennings" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.