Regardless of where your spiritual beliefs lie, you should think twice before to scoffing at the notion of karma. One way or another, the world seems to work itself out so that what goes around always comes around. Veteran R&B artist Lyfe Jennings knows this, as he has firsthand experience throwing away a girl’s heart like a Boomerang, only to have come back to haunt him. With a velvety, heartfelt vocal performance, Jennings, a new signee of indie label Mass Appeal, crushes the guitar-heavy boardwork of G2G and LaShaunda “Baby Girl” Carr. The rich, lively instrumental, combined with Lyfe’s pained, yet energetic style makes this record much more colorful and uptempo than your average brokenhearted R&B anthem. Boomerang is the lead single off Lyfe’s currently-untitled and unscheduled forthcoming album, slated for release sometime this fall. As always, you can keep your browsers locked to The DJBooth for the latest tunes and release details.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/9/13
Submit your Rating
Mass Appeal Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ghetto Mindstate (Can't Get Away)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.