Regardless of where your spiritual beliefs lie, you should think twice before to scoffing at the notion of karma. One way or another, the world seems to work itself out so that what goes around always comes around. Veteran R&B artist Lyfe Jennings knows this, as he has firsthand experience throwing away a girl’s heart like a Boomerang, only to have come back to haunt him. With a velvety, heartfelt vocal performance, Jennings, a new signee of indie label Mass Appeal, crushes the guitar-heavy boardwork of G2G and LaShaunda “Baby Girl” Carr. The rich, lively instrumental, combined with Lyfe’s pained, yet energetic style makes this record much more colorful and uptempo than your average brokenhearted R&B anthem. Boomerang is the lead single off Lyfe’s currently-untitled and unscheduled forthcoming album, slated for release sometime this fall. As always, you can keep your browsers locked to The DJBooth for the latest tunes and release details.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/9/13
Submit your Rating
Mass Appeal Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ghetto Mindstate (Can't Get Away)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.