Sometimes, love is a rollercoaster: fast, scary, and full of exhilarating twists and turns. Booth newcomer Lwam‘s latest relationship, on the other hand, was more like sitting in the spinny teacup on a merry-go-round, growing more and more nauseous as you circle through the same predictable motions ad infinitum. (That’s not to be confused with a Marry Go Round, which involves considerably more sex with strippers.) Carousel Love, the Cleveland alt-rock/soul singer and recent Snoop collaborator’s latest single, is a mellow, folk-infused jam about the frustrations of romantic inertia. SP handles production duties, backing the singer’s soulfully understated vocals with spare acoustic-guitar arpeggios. The result sounds a little different from what we typically feature in the Booth but I have a feeling that readers will dig the change of pace. If your interest is piqued, stay tuned for further news and tunes leading up to Lwam’s next EP, which as yet lacks both a title and a drop date.
Written by richard on 12/5/12
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.