Sometimes, love is a rollercoaster: fast, scary, and full of exhilarating twists and turns. Booth newcomer Lwam‘s latest relationship, on the other hand, was more like sitting in the spinny teacup on a merry-go-round, growing more and more nauseous as you circle through the same predictable motions ad infinitum. (That’s not to be confused with a Marry Go Round, which involves considerably more sex with strippers.) Carousel Love, the Cleveland alt-rock/soul singer and recent Snoop collaborator’s latest single, is a mellow, folk-infused jam about the frustrations of romantic inertia. SP handles production duties, backing the singer’s soulfully understated vocals with spare acoustic-guitar arpeggios. The result sounds a little different from what we typically feature in the Booth but I have a feeling that readers will dig the change of pace. If your interest is piqued, stay tuned for further news and tunes leading up to Lwam’s next EP, which as yet lacks both a title and a drop date.
Written by richard on 12/5/12
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.