Sometimes, love is a rollercoaster: fast, scary, and full of exhilarating twists and turns. Booth newcomer Lwam‘s latest relationship, on the other hand, was more like sitting in the spinny teacup on a merry-go-round, growing more and more nauseous as you circle through the same predictable motions ad infinitum. (That’s not to be confused with a Marry Go Round, which involves considerably more sex with strippers.) Carousel Love, the Cleveland alt-rock/soul singer and recent Snoop collaborator’s latest single, is a mellow, folk-infused jam about the frustrations of romantic inertia. SP handles production duties, backing the singer’s soulfully understated vocals with spare acoustic-guitar arpeggios. The result sounds a little different from what we typically feature in the Booth but I have a feeling that readers will dig the change of pace. If your interest is piqued, stay tuned for further news and tunes leading up to Lwam’s next EP, which as yet lacks both a title and a drop date.
Written by richard on 12/5/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.