Sometimes, love is a rollercoaster: fast, scary, and full of exhilarating twists and turns. Booth newcomer Lwam‘s latest relationship, on the other hand, was more like sitting in the spinny teacup on a merry-go-round, growing more and more nauseous as you circle through the same predictable motions ad infinitum. (That’s not to be confused with a Marry Go Round, which involves considerably more sex with strippers.) Carousel Love, the Cleveland alt-rock/soul singer and recent Snoop collaborator’s latest single, is a mellow, folk-infused jam about the frustrations of romantic inertia. SP handles production duties, backing the singer’s soulfully understated vocals with spare acoustic-guitar arpeggios. The result sounds a little different from what we typically feature in the Booth but I have a feeling that readers will dig the change of pace. If your interest is piqued, stay tuned for further news and tunes leading up to Lwam’s next EP, which as yet lacks both a title and a drop date.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- Freeway x Girl Talk - Broken Ankles EP
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.