Following the same path as Ludacris and Shorty da Kid (among others), New York native L.U.V. is using his various connections as a radio host to launch a successful debut album, entitled Flu Season. Not looking to be dismissed in favor of a feature artist or big-name producer, the 23-year old is going solo for Fresh 2 Death. With the assistance of underground veteran Perion‘s brass-drum /Jay-Z sample combo (from What More Can I Say, also borrowed by T.I. and Joe Budden), L.U.V. brings enough swagger to make Fresh 2 Death bang just about anywhere. While Flu Season isn’t expected to hit the streets until December of ‘08, L.U.V. has plenty of time to make a name for himself in this industry.
Written by Burmy on 02/25/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.