If there’s one thing I’ve learned from Greek mythology, it’s that flying too close to the sun can be hazardous to your health. At least where human beings are concerned; when you’re an extraterrestrial pop phenom like Lusardi Rose, all bets are off. On her first Booth feature, a joint promo single with beat crew The Heavytrackerz, the London-based buzzmaker unmasks herself as an alien invader on a mission to subjugate the Earth’s population through song: “I’m from Outer Space, here to take over the human race.” At first blush, that sounds like a bad thing. Once you’ve given the record a spin, though, I have a feeling that you’ll welcome your new musical overlords with open arms. The Trackerz’ outsized production, loaded with sci-fi synths and muscular, dubstep-tinged bass, blends with the singer’s bold vocals to form an indie-pop confection that’s difficult to resist. Director Don Wavey ties the cut together with some low-key official visuals. Craving more? Then stay tuned; Lucardi’s Half a Dozen Roses EP has yet to receive a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the set as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 03/3/14
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.