If there’s one thing I’ve learned from Greek mythology, it’s that flying too close to the sun can be hazardous to your health. At least where human beings are concerned; when you’re an extraterrestrial pop phenom like Lusardi Rose, all bets are off. On her first Booth feature, a joint promo single with beat crew The Heavytrackerz, the London-based buzzmaker unmasks herself as an alien invader on a mission to subjugate the Earth’s population through song: “I’m from Outer Space, here to take over the human race.” At first blush, that sounds like a bad thing. Once you’ve given the record a spin, though, I have a feeling that you’ll welcome your new musical overlords with open arms. The Trackerz’ outsized production, loaded with sci-fi synths and muscular, dubstep-tinged bass, blends with the singer’s bold vocals to form an indie-pop confection that’s difficult to resist. Director Don Wavey ties the cut together with some low-key official visuals. Craving more? Then stay tuned; Lucardi’s Half a Dozen Roses EP has yet to receive a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the set as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 03/3/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.