If there’s one thing I’ve learned from Greek mythology, it’s that flying too close to the sun can be hazardous to your health. At least where human beings are concerned; when you’re an extraterrestrial pop phenom like Lusardi Rose, all bets are off. On her first Booth feature, a joint promo single with beat crew The Heavytrackerz, the London-based buzzmaker unmasks herself as an alien invader on a mission to subjugate the Earth’s population through song: “I’m from Outer Space, here to take over the human race.” At first blush, that sounds like a bad thing. Once you’ve given the record a spin, though, I have a feeling that you’ll welcome your new musical overlords with open arms. The Trackerz’ outsized production, loaded with sci-fi synths and muscular, dubstep-tinged bass, blends with the singer’s bold vocals to form an indie-pop confection that’s difficult to resist. Director Don Wavey ties the cut together with some low-key official visuals. Craving more? Then stay tuned; Lucardi’s Half a Dozen Roses EP has yet to receive a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the set as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 03/3/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.