If there’s one thing I’ve learned from Greek mythology, it’s that flying too close to the sun can be hazardous to your health. At least where human beings are concerned; when you’re an extraterrestrial pop phenom like Lusardi Rose, all bets are off. On her first Booth feature, a joint promo single with beat crew The Heavytrackerz, the London-based buzzmaker unmasks herself as an alien invader on a mission to subjugate the Earth’s population through song: “I’m from Outer Space, here to take over the human race.” At first blush, that sounds like a bad thing. Once you’ve given the record a spin, though, I have a feeling that you’ll welcome your new musical overlords with open arms. The Trackerz’ outsized production, loaded with sci-fi synths and muscular, dubstep-tinged bass, blends with the singer’s bold vocals to form an indie-pop confection that’s difficult to resist. Director Don Wavey ties the cut together with some low-key official visuals. Craving more? Then stay tuned; Lucardi’s Half a Dozen Roses EP has yet to receive a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the set as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 03/3/14
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)