Were you one of the hardcore Lupe Fiasco fans who heaved a sigh of disappointment at the straightforward, radio-ready style of last week’s Snitches? Then Thorns & Horns is for you. A loosie released (according to the artist’s SoundCloud) “JUST BECUZ WE CAN RAP REALLY REALLY GOOD!!!”, the record finds Lupe linking up with TDE flame-spitter Ab-Soul for an all-out display of mic prowess. Though the Chi-town phenom’s spiritual and political preoccupations get air time, the focus here is on multifaceted wordplay; together, Fiasco and his West Coast-repping colleague weave a lyrical web that will take a few visits to Rapgenius to fully untangle. As mentioned above, this joint isn’t part of a larger project, but fans should keep it locked for further info on the headliner’s next studio album, the currently-unscheduled Tetsuo and Youth.
Written by richard on 03/4/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Gotcha" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.