Were you one of the hardcore Lupe Fiasco fans who heaved a sigh of disappointment at the straightforward, radio-ready style of last week’s Snitches? Then Thorns & Horns is for you. A loosie released (according to the artist’s SoundCloud) “JUST BECUZ WE CAN RAP REALLY REALLY GOOD!!!”, the record finds Lupe linking up with TDE flame-spitter Ab-Soul for an all-out display of mic prowess. Though the Chi-town phenom’s spiritual and political preoccupations get air time, the focus here is on multifaceted wordplay; together, Fiasco and his West Coast-repping colleague weave a lyrical web that will take a few visits to Rapgenius to fully untangle. As mentioned above, this joint isn’t part of a larger project, but fans should keep it locked for further info on the headliner’s next studio album, the currently-unscheduled Tetsuo and Youth.
Written by richard on 03/4/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Gotcha" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.