Just when I think I’ve got Lupe Fiasco pegged, he winds up and throws another curveball. On reading the title of his latest feature, Snitches, I was expecting a heady lyrical deconstruction of the street code. Instead, this newly-released promotional single is a light, bubbly selection dealing with the topics of romance and cash. After a courtroom-themed opener, the Chi-town mainstay proceeds to share his thoughts on the dating game, expressing a preference for strong, independent women over ladies of the gold-digging variety. Atlantic Records labelmate Ty Dolla $ign echoes Lupe’s sentiments in a smooth guest chorus, in addition to producing the cut’s R&B-flavored instrumental backdrop. This loosie isn’t part of any forthcoming project, but fans should keep it locked for details on fifth full-length Tetsuo & Youth, which currently awaits a drop date.
Written by richard on 02/27/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Gotcha" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.