Just when I think I’ve got Lupe Fiasco pegged, he winds up and throws another curveball. On reading the title of his latest feature, Snitches, I was expecting a heady lyrical deconstruction of the street code. Instead, this newly-released promotional single is a light, bubbly selection dealing with the topics of romance and cash. After a courtroom-themed opener, the Chi-town mainstay proceeds to share his thoughts on the dating game, expressing a preference for strong, independent women over ladies of the gold-digging variety. Atlantic Records labelmate Ty Dolla $ign echoes Lupe’s sentiments in a smooth guest chorus, in addition to producing the cut’s R&B-flavored instrumental backdrop. This loosie isn’t part of any forthcoming project, but fans should keep it locked for details on fifth full-length Tetsuo & Youth, which currently awaits a drop date.
Written by richard on 02/27/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Gotcha" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.