Just when I think I’ve got Lupe Fiasco pegged, he winds up and throws another curveball. On reading the title of his latest feature, Snitches, I was expecting a heady lyrical deconstruction of the street code. Instead, this newly-released promotional single is a light, bubbly selection dealing with the topics of romance and cash. After a courtroom-themed opener, the Chi-town mainstay proceeds to share his thoughts on the dating game, expressing a preference for strong, independent women over ladies of the gold-digging variety. Atlantic Records labelmate Ty Dolla $ign echoes Lupe’s sentiments in a smooth guest chorus, in addition to producing the cut’s R&B-flavored instrumental backdrop. This loosie isn’t part of any forthcoming project, but fans should keep it locked for details on fifth full-length Tetsuo & Youth, which currently awaits a drop date.
Written by richard on 02/27/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Gotcha" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.