Just when I think I’ve got Lupe Fiasco pegged, he winds up and throws another curveball. On reading the title of his latest feature, Snitches, I was expecting a heady lyrical deconstruction of the street code. Instead, this newly-released promotional single is a light, bubbly selection dealing with the topics of romance and cash. After a courtroom-themed opener, the Chi-town mainstay proceeds to share his thoughts on the dating game, expressing a preference for strong, independent women over ladies of the gold-digging variety. Atlantic Records labelmate Ty Dolla $ign echoes Lupe’s sentiments in a smooth guest chorus, in addition to producing the cut’s R&B-flavored instrumental backdrop. This loosie isn’t part of any forthcoming project, but fans should keep it locked for details on fifth full-length Tetsuo & Youth, which currently awaits a drop date.
Written by richard on 02/27/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Gotcha" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.