Back in May, Lupe Fiasco announced his newly-launched partnership with charitable nonprofit Stand Up for Cancer by unleashing Mission, a moving joint dedicated to all suffering from the disease. Now, the emcee has enlisted two fellow Chicago heavyweights to join him in his efforts to help find a cure. On Remission, an unknown producer’s epic, synth-driven beat backs Lupe as he dramatizes a woman’s struggle to defy the doctor’s prognosis. Common describes his own father’s battle with cancer on verse two, and soul songstress Jennifer Hudson provides a soaring guest hook. All Power Worldwide and Square56‘s in-studio visuals accompany the cut. Fans will be able to hear this record performed live on Stand Up 2 Cancer’s next primetime TV special, airing September 5, at 8:00 PM EST. From the 5th onward, Remission will also be available for purchase on iTunes.
Written by richard on 08/29/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Gotcha" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.