The road to a new Lupe Fiasco album is never smooth, and sure enough the lead up to Lupe’s upcoming Food & Liquor II album has been filled with more twists and turns then a Six Flags. But despite the controversies and complications, now that F&L II is only days away, Lupe only wants one last thing from us; to Put ‘Em Up. Produced by 1500 or Nothin’, Put ‘Em Up coasts on a dark and stripped down beat embedded with no shortage of menace, giving Lupe plenty of room to maneuver as he displays some of the lyrical prowess that first earned him rave reviews. Who else could make 20 different “king” references in the first verse alone? If this taste has you salivating for the full meal you’re in luck. Food & Liquor II: The Great American Rap Album, Pt. 1, drops next week, Tuesday, September 25. In the meantime, you know what to do. Yeah, that’s right, Put ‘Em Up.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Gotcha" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- Freeway x Girl Talk - Broken Ankles EP
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.